Vision, Mission and Goals
The Communication Science Department is a department under the management of the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences. Established on August 8, 2000 in accordance with the Decree of the Minister of National Education Number: 126/D/0/2000 at the same time as the establishment of Universitas Komputer Indonesia. The vision, mission and objectives of the Communication Science Department were set through the Decree of the Rector of Universitas Komputer Indonesia Number 1257/SK/REKTOR/IX/2014 as follows:
Vision of the Communication Science Department
To become a study program with a global perspective, based on science, technology and information, and entrepreneurship. To become a center of excellence in the field of communication science that is oriented towards national development, welfare and morality of the nation.
Mission of the Communication Science Department
To organize education and teaching in the field of communication studies, creating resources of study program which capable of anticipating socio-political changes, dynamics of national and international communication through scientific, technological and information understanding, ethics and morality.
Objectives of the Communication Science Department
- To produce Bachelor of Communication who are competitive and professional both nationally and globally;
- To produce Bachelor of Communication who are ready to become professionals in the field of ICT-based communication sciences;
- To produce Bachelor of Communication who have an entrepreneurial spirit and able to create new job opportunities;
- To develop the ability of lecturers in the learning process;
- To be able to act professionally and ethically at work;
- To improve the quality and quantity of research and community service;
- To collaborate with universities, companies, governments both nationally and globally.